Click here to see all the discussion
|Questions / Discussions
Youths ADHD Disorder
What is ADHD?
ADHD stands for Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. The boys have more probability affected from the problem rather than girls. It is a psychological or neuro-behavioral disorder that generally starts during the stage of childhood.
Types of Attention Deficit Disorders:
There are three types of ADHD such as
- Predominantly Inattentive
- Predominantly Hyperactive-Impulsive
- Combined Type
What are the possible causes of ADHD?
There are many causes such as heredity, abnormal level of dopamine or norepinephrine chemicals, brain-injury or pre-birth.
What are the symptoms of this disorder in teenagers?
Following are the symptoms of this problem:
- impatience and hyperactive
What are the Treatment options that treatment centers provide?
The residential treatment centers provide stimulant medications, hypnotics, mood-stabilizers, antidepressant medications, therapies, homeopathic treatment and herbal remedies for the affected adolescents.
What types of food-items are recommended by the health practitioners for youths with psychological disorders?
- The food-items; rich in protein/vitamins /minerals
- fresh vegetables
- fresh fruits
ADHD affected juveniles should avoid:
- oily foods
- Sweet dishes
- canned food items
What are the tests of ADHD?
- Neuro-feedback and Quantitative EEG
- DSM-IV test to check the symptoms
- TOVA test to check the level of inattentiveness
- Bender Gestalt test (visual-motor-integration test)
- WISC-R IQ test
- WRAT; Achievement test
What skills the disordered youth can develop from recovery treatment program?
- Communication skills
- problem solving techniques
- Note-making skills and some other life-skills
What are the possible conditions that can co-exist with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder?
- Learning disability
- ODD i.e. Oppositional Deficit Disorder
- CD; stands for conduct disorder
- bipolar disorder